Scripting provides agents with a written guide to consistently manage the flow of the customer conversation. In addition to the script itself, it could include the addition of predefined steps or required fields to enforce process compliance, objection handling suggestions, input validation to ensure that data is captured correctly, and provide a central place for agents to access customer or business data from external sources.
Scripts are used in sales, support, debt collection and general data collection environments and can dramatically increase productivity, reduce contact handling time and improve the quality and consistency of interactions. It can also play a central role in process automation by triggering various business processes and tasks within or outside of the contact centre.
Benefits and solutions
Reduce risk and enhance compliance
- Enforce compliance by incorporating required fields into scripts or forcing the agent to follow a predefined process.
- Use data validation to significantly reduce human error and the risk associated risk with capturing invalid or incomplete client information.
- Complete more sales and boost conversion rates by ensuring that all the correct details are captured and validated, and the correct process is followed.
- Provide the information needed to help agents handle objections, concerns and queries more effectively to increase the likelihood of generating a sale.
Improve business agility
- Adapt and respond quickly to changing business requirements – instantly make changes to contact centre scripts on the fly to reflect pricing updates, adjusted calculations and more.
Improve the customer experience
- Provide agents with easy access to the right information to help service customers more efficiently.
- Embed objection handling, or new product information Q&A’s into the script to assist agents in addressing customer queries or concerns during a conversation.
- Keep agents focused on their tasks and attentive to the customer by eliminating the need to switch between business applications to input information, perform calculations, or search for information.
- Up to date, version-controlled scripts ensure that agents respond in a similar way to all customers, resulting in a more consistently controlled customer experience.
- According to Forester research, scripting is such a powerful tool that it can increase first call resolution (FCR) by as much as 17%, and up agent productivity across the board by 36%.
- Agents can view, update, and input information from multiple sources from a single scripting front-end rather than wasting time searching and opening multiple applications during a call. This reduces handling time and ultimately the cost of service, cost of collection and the cost of sale of all interactions.
- Scripts can automatically trigger other features or workflows to save time (e.g. displaying customer information based on the call context, running specific external applications, inserting outbound records into loads etc.)
- Reduce training costs by training agents on using one application efficiently rather than navigating multiple business applications. Objection handling and product Q&A’s can also be embedded into the script, providing immediate assistance to agents rather than adding another training requirement.
Various scripting options
From static scripts to advanced scripting options that include dynamic fields that link to business applications and trigger workflows, we offer solutions to suit all business requirements.
Simple to create and deploy
Thanks to an intuitive user interface, it’s really easy and quick to create agent scripts.
Ensure that agents are always using the latest version. Restore any previous versions when required.
Manage risk and iron out kinks by testing or previewing scripts in simulation mode before publishing.
Quick to execute
Instantly publish new scripts or update existing scripts without agent, campaign or service interruption.
Enforce process adherence or defined business rules by not allowing an agent to proceed to the next step until required fields are populated, or a set process is followed
Validation and error checking
Use input validation features such as colour coding, required fields, and even spell check to improve the quality of the information captured. This will also help reduce the number of call backs, lower risk, and decrease the number of missed sales opportunities.
Ease of integration
Pre-built connectors and other simplified integration options ensure quick deployment and make it easy for the scripting application to interact with other databases and existing business applications. This enables agents to automatically view, edit or input information without leaving the scripting application.
Calculations and other data processing (e.g. loan repayment values) can be performed in real-time and based on information gathered from the customer during the session.
Report on how customers progress through sales scripts to gain insight into possible sales detractors and opportunities for improvement.
A significant ROI can be achieved through realising all of the above or any combination of the above benefits.
Most contact centres reduce their average handling time (AHT) significantly through the use of scripting. If it costs between R10 and R60 per minute to interact with or service a customer over the phone, for example, achieving a 30 second reduction in the AHT would make a substantial impact on your bottom line.