Speech analytics helps your contact centre understand everyday conversations between customers and agents better. By automatically identifying, categorising and analysing words and phrases used during a voice call, trends, opportunities, and areas of improvement are revealed. This insight can then be used to enhance engagement, compliance, operations, agent performance and overall business strategies.
Benefits and solutions
Improve FCR and customer retention
- Monitor repeat callers by searching for related key phrases like “calling again” and “the previous agent”. Isolate specific issues related to why the second call was required and use this to identify improvements such as scripting changes, agent training or knowledgebase updates.
- Identify root causes of customer churn. Use this to predict at-risk customers and proactively address potential issues before it’s too late.
- Offer real-time guidance to agents to help them retain customers and resolve issues more efficiently.
- Obtain a more granular understanding of the customer’s experience of your products, processes and service levels. Understand the underlying drivers in order to positively influence and predict customer experience metrics like NPS, customer effort and customer satisfaction.
Enhance agent performance
- Improve agent conversations by identifying behavioural or knowledge related detractors and use this as an opportunity for coaching. A long pause in a conversation, for example, could indicate a gap in agent product knowledge.
- Stay in touch with the emotional and mental well-being of your agents by detecting frustration, stress, anger an taking suitable action in terms of training, counselling or offering additional support.
- Alert supervisors to specific issues such as escalating emotions and/or the use of profanities to allow for immediate listening-in, intervention, and corrective action.
- Automate quality monitoring to reduce the need for a large QA department, resulting in significant cost savings.
- Use data to understand call drivers and take the necessary remedial action to reduce call volumes.
- Reduce talk time by finding periods of silence or longer than average calls to identify issues that are training priorities.
- Identify which agents are better/faster at handling certain queries and/or customers and automatically prioritise the routing of these interactions to those agents.
- Present contextual customer-relevant information to the agent desktop to reduce hold-time searching and overall handling time.
- Improve sales conversion rates by automatically and in real-time identifying opportunities for upselling and cross-selling, prompting the agent to take immediate action (such as offering discounts or complementary products and services).
- Identify scripting and behavioural best practices that can be shared/reproduced by other agents to increases sales or acquisitions.
Instant, relevant customer insight
- Save time and money on market research by automatically collecting and analysing data from actual customer calls. Insight could include how the marketplace perceives your offerings, competitive intelligence, identifying strengths and weaknesses with products and processes, and emerging trends or opportunities, amongst others.
Lower business risk
- Identify non-compliance risks using word/phrase detection as well as monitoring the steps in the process being followed.
- Automatically scan voice calls and flag incidences of non-compliance related to government regulations, industry rules and internal policies for future follow up. This reduces the exposure to risk and costs related to potential litigation, damages and regulatory fines.
Simple, visual interface
Easy to interpret dashboards and graphics help you extract the most value from your caller data – no specialised knowledge required.
Leverage Verint’s semantic intelligence and over 70 patented technologies to provide a deeper understanding of the meaning and context used in conversations.
Combine data to drive action
Easily augment business data (such as successful sales, information from customer satisfaction surveys or service usage) with speech analytics to create insight and drive action. This could include script adjustments, agent behavioural training, agent/customer matching and much more.
Automated theme discovery
Perform automatic theme discovery on recorded calls to identify and group words that are contextually related. This will help you easily identify rising trends and potential problems before they escalate.
Highlight agent training opportunities
Immediately identify and action agent training opportunities by highlighting incidences where agents overtalk, emotions escalate, there are extended periods of silence, and more.
Assist in root cause analysis
Leverage conversational analytics by identifying and grouping themes and concepts so that a deeper meaning and understanding emerges.
Easily identify new contact centre trends
Real-time dashboards and monitoring provide a visual and holistic view of all voice calls, revealing trending conversations, and the reasons for customers initiating contact.
Automate quality management
Ensure compliance by accurately and automatically reviewing 100% of calls while lowering the human capital requirement and reducing costs.
Track and monitor custom categories
Easily create your own category that can be tracked and tagged across all voice calls.
Extract emotion, tone and other metadata from calls
Voice calls are not only transcribed but valuable metadata such as emotion, tone, overtalk, unusual periods of silence, and more are retained.
Proactive real-time analytics
Trigger immediate intervention by proactively notifying supervisors or the agent of a potential up-sell opportunity or non-compliance.
Extensive data insight
Export and benefit from unlimited and uncensored access to your call transcriptions. This includes metadata such as sentiment, emotion, and silent times – all of which offer context and insight that would otherwise be lost.
High level of transcription accuracy
Gain a complete and accurate view of all contact centre conversations.
Transcribe and index full words, and groups of words, rather than just phenomes (the units of sound in a word that determine its distinctive pronunciation and meaning)
Highly integrated ecosystem
Speech analytics is a solution that complements other modules such as automated quality management, e-learning and workforce management. Automated workflow between these modules allow for a highly coordinated and efficiently managed workforce.
Analysing customer interactions
Speech analytics can be viewed as a highly flexible and powerful tool that has numerous applications and realises multiple benefits for businesses. As a result, the ability to achieve an ROI can typically be realised in as little as 6-12 months.
The speech analytics module is deployed as part of the INOVO hosted contact centre solution. However, it can also be implemented as a standalone product and calls can be imported from your existing contact centre solution.